Thursday, November 6, 2008

Plan for my H2o project...


For My beach project my final product will be an Article, based in this question; how do pollution affect surfers/ swimmers and residents on a couple beaches, I still don’t know which ones, but I will get to that point. What I do know is that it will be more than two beaches. My article will be presented as a web page and it will content a video produced by Sophie Santiago. We will both work together on the interviews and research.
I should say that I will take a couple of pictures based on what we have learned in class, and we will add them to the web page.

The resources that we will need to accomplish this are:
- Interviews to a few Doctors working close to the area s to the beaches
me and my partner will research in.
- Interviews to surfers.
- Video camera for the video.
- Camera for the pictures.

The people that I will need, (mostly for interviews):
Doctors that live close to the area.
surfers.
residents.



The schedule will work like this:

Wednesday 12:
Thursday 13:
Friday 14:
Monday 17:
Tuesday 18:
Wednesday 19:
Thursday 20:
Friday 21:

The weekends will be use to work on the structure of the article, and of course rest.

Question’s Doctors.
What type of diseases is more common of people that spend more time than a normal person (like surfers or residents) at the beach?
1-What type of bacteria is more common to see in diseases that we can get in polluted water?
2-What causes these bacteria? (What human actions?)
3- Are there ways for people to prevent these diseases?
4- How bad or extreme can a disease get?
5-would you swim in that water?
6- In average how many surfers come in a month to see you because they got an infection in the water?
7- Is there any solution you would propose to stop the water from contaminating?

Question’s Surfers.
1- How often do you get diseases from spending so much time in this water?
2- Are you well informed of how contaminated this beach is?
3- Does it bother you that the beach is this polluted?
4- Have you done something about it?
5- Are you well informed of what you can do to help your beach?
6- How much money do you spend on doctors or medicine everytime you get sick?
7- Do you think the government should do something about this or is it the People’s responsibilities?

If you want to see more questions you can go to my partner’s blog, Sophie Santiago.

No comments: