Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reflection take #2


1. Overall, when you think about the big picture of your writing, what improved? How did it get better? Why? The structure in my past writtings used to be always the same.The thesis would be in the intro and the rest of the paragraphs would be somehow conected but all about the same idea. In this article I think I improved because I wrote my thesis all over the place but it was still pretty clear, and the paragraphs stayed on the "same page" but were more related then ever only that each one with a different twist. all the same story in different paragraphs with out getting borring and over repeated. Another thing that i improved in is that This article actually has an "so what?" awenser to it. I give out help from personal expiriance that is explained all over the article. Straight forward ideas of how to not have my problem.

2when you think about the big picture of your writing, what still needs work? What do you think will help you improve? Why? I think I should involve more things to my writting. "connect it to the real world". I should go farther than just what happened and how to fix it, I should look for the WHAT CAUSED IT?, but I'm just to closed minded and think that things happen just because, with out looking for the reason. I should do this because my writting would have more substence to read and would explain itself better with out me using so many words.

3. Specifically, show us something that improved and describe the path it took to get better. You can quote your article, your drafts, link to evidence, etc.
I changed a lot of "ings" the first 4 drafts of article were full of ings ei.
"Choosing an internship that will satisfy your goals and preferences" was changed to "my hope before you choose your internship is that..." another thing that I changed is my headline from "who is choosing your internship?" to "will choose you internship" I made this in a way that woulndt include an "ing" in it and that it would start and finish with strong words.

4. Describe something specific (or a few things!) that you learned about writing.
-I learned that the hooks of the article should be in the begging but they can always be in the end too. The writing should finish strong.

-I also learned that keeping it clear and simple is GOOD. No need to use "big words" or slamer words that only make the article be longer and boring.

- Copyediting. Before this project I would never really pay to much attention to the format of the article. It was more like going to rewrite sentences, go through the thesis a million times, etc... but never payed attention to the way I wrote out the numbers or the miss spellings that I had. But With this proect I realized how important they are because a simple word can change the meaning or intensity of a sentence, or it can make the wrtting look "unprofessional".

No comments: